Narlesha the Dragonslayer: Part Seven

0 Conversations

Narlesha the Dragonslayer

Part Seven

Cave hyenas.


"In the lair, a few cave hyenas were already gnawing on the huge carcass but scurried deeper into the cave at the first sight of the great horses. The horses in turn were reassured about the dragon being dead. But the breath of man as well as horse was taken away when they saw the fullness of the treasure!

Cave hyenas.


" 'Get packing, and I’ll stand guard,' Narlesha gasped, and so they did. First they dragged the carcass out of the way. Work went fast and none came to oppose them. As it were the bags and horses where just about sufficient and only a few items were left that couldn't fit in.

Cave hyenas.


"As her helpers hoisted up the bags and firmly strapped them to the great beasts, Narlesha scrawled a message on a rock wall using her sword: 'Dear mayor, council and citizens of Bokorinin, you may have what is left, and also the dragon's head. Don't judge too harsh of me … with my work you are rid of this beast, and while you may miss the bulk of the treasure, you would not have had any of it with him still alive, and now he will take no more of your remaining riches, your livestock, or your sons and daughters. I leave you to ponder your dishonour a while, but will be no scourge on your lands as he was. Better thank your rescuers in future.'



"Then they left; Narlesha directed the convoy to go down the opposite slope and head straight for the next closest city of Samirkin. 'Cheat me at your mortal peril – you saw what I did to Vigoyorr,' she said as she sent them off. She had a final task in mind."

Narlesha the Dragonslayer Archive

Willem

07.07.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87833497

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more