Escape Pod Dreams - 12

0 Conversations

The New New blob

We did 'love' last week. When's 'slightly bothersome' day?

In which three things must be learned before the tide goes out and doesn't come back...

We, here, at Irritating Potatoe Radius, Your Fido Instead To Aristocrats, have had complaints about the big words we use and an new style book is in the process of being cooked up by the illiterates in the 'Standards' office.

We aren't sure, but we've heard rumors that if the word is likely to be heard on the BBC World Service, than it is unlikely to be heard here.

Another rumour says that we are going to become a Basque station, so no one but the Gendarmes and the Guardia will have any idea what we are saying...

Which, according to the latest standardized tests of school children who can recognize pictograms and fumetti, is about where we are now, only our police have to stoop a bit to understand us...

Anyway, if my wife is listening, I won't be home after work for a couple of days because I will be down at the local Hip-Hop club learning to speak like a real person who is 'keepin' it real'.

Contrary to other rumours, the announcers and writers will not be using this patois on the air, but be avoiding it as much as possible in order to please the older set and prove to the younger that rebellion is a two-way street...

List of subtly veiled threats:



1. 8:57 AM

The Dimwit Zone: Three tries for Tony, a small documentary of his day in court.

by
Small friendly nurk

3. 9:57 AM

DIY Do's and Don'ts: The art of the hammer, or, wear gloves whenever possible

by

Small Friendly Nurk's Sister (who knows punctuation like the back of her mother's hand)

5. 11:57 AM

The Homely Homily: This week, Mrs. Emily Ylime, of the Ladies Exemplary Fellowship and Concrete Delivery Service

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive


(tonsil revenge)

13.02.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A965504

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more