The h2g2 Post 23.01.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 23rd January 2012

Has Everybody Gone Round the Bend?

A surreal Dali-esque picture including a face, a melting clock and a man in a suit.

The Post this week is informative, challenging, puzzling, and mysterious. Informative as always – check out the latest news from Matt about the sterling work of the Scavengers (no, they aren't raiding your dustbin, silly, read the article). Challenging, as Willem and the Prof take up the gauntlet on the Science Fiction Challenge (still open, by the way), and Tim Stevenson and Awix challenge your grey cells, big-time. The puzzles are everywhere. Why are the Post headers referring to an obscure cultural phenomenon? (Could it have something to do with US television?)

The Classic Goo monster in an h2g2 T shirt

Why are people writing surreal poetry? Are they just trying to get us to visit the Alternative Writing Workshop again? (Good guess.) Mysterious, all of it – including a time-travel maritime disaster and various cartoon oddities (what is Dr Anthea's paintbrush up to?).

Don't fight 'em, just join 'em. We'll be back next week. Not even the perils of 2012 can stop the h2g2 Post.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

AS THE WORLD TURNS

THE EDGE OF NIGHT


 

 

THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES


 

 

THE YOUNG (?) AND THE RESTLESS


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87735045

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more