Galactic News Weekly

1 Conversation

A couple of weeks ago, GregPius kindly donated this storyboard as a science fiction challenge. If you want to contribute, just write your version, and post it on the The New h2g2 Science Fiction Workshop.

Never one to shirk a challenge, Prof Animal Chaos started the ball rolling with this tongue-in-cheek view of our inevitable extinction. We haven't asked him if he's read Poe's 'The Conqueror Worm', but if he has, he probably said, 'Not enough jokes in.' – DG

Galactic News Weekly

Galactic News Weekly brings you news as it comes in.

A futuristic 'Dune-scape'.

The alien craft pulled up at the parking ticket meter, which to the humans' knowledge was a small planetoid they'd named Pluto. Entered their season ticket, they then joined the other spacecraft in the parking zone area, plugged in their monitor/sound cable and after ordering a bucket of 'ir[jij\sf (30% less salt)'{translation=popcorn}and 40 gallon of 'philnurg 306' {translation=diet cola}readied for viewing the continuing live episodes of that intergalactic comical soap opera 'Earth! A rock in space with movement on it'

This planet with a life form of grade level of zyz minus 7 z's [this is the equivalent of humans watching amoeba tag wrestling] (that's pretty low) on the habitable scale of planets, invented by Jhinn Bosinn on Josdina Prime.

How the aliens chortled at the antics of the 'higher intelligent' life forms existing on the land mass and how they used nuclear materials as if they was no tomorrow and with NO THOUGHT for tomorrow, Then! Their manipulation of the various DNA strands of the planets species and the excuses they gave for why this technology HAD to be researched.

But the aliens laughed the loudest just before the intermission time came (shuttle craft - tray hostess comes round, with the drinks/ices/isotopes etc) when a film was shown about a countries first female leader (in the past) and the glorifying of dictatorship and the denigrating of anyone who stood in her way {including her own followers}, even after a 'technical war' years after her departure to depose 'a dictator' in another part of the Earth's surface.

And just to notify readers of Galactic News Weekly, the shares in 'Soap R'Us' the company that bring you 'Earth! A rock in space with movement on it' has risen by 23%, as conflict situations continue to arise in various regions on the 'rocks' land mass surface! Therefore day/season tickets will rise in the coming orbital quadrant, as there is a cap on parking spaces to watch this continual spectacle.

The Orion betting syndicate corp. is still giving odds on total annihilation of all species of this rock within set time limits.

If you want to lay a bet on, that the rock's life forms survive, all we can say is: -– if you win, you'll be able to purchase your own solar system on the winnings – good luck!

The Prof Archive

Prof Animal Chaos

23.01.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87736792

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more